CHDP publishes a quarterly newsletter for providers including feature articles on child health topics such as child development, immunizations, lead poisoning prevention, nutrition, oral health and safety. The newsletter also offers tips for completing PM 160 forms, billing and case management as well as announcements about educational events. Select from the following newsletters:
February 2017 (PDF)
- New Deputy Director for CHDP and Children’s Health Programs
- Toys recalled due to lead violations
- Put your best fork forward: National Nutrition Month® 2017
- Choose tap water for a sparkling smile
- PM 160 Tips: Routine Referrals
- Does breastfeeding promote oral health?
- California’s new car seat law: rear facing until age 2
- How can parents help children prevent cavities?
November 2016 (PDF)
- VCPH names new deputy health officer
- Provider Tips: New CHDP vaccine procedure codes for 9 Valent Human Papilloma Virus (HPV9) vaccines
- County aims to be healthiest county in the nation by 2030
- Body Mass Index Percentile for children and teens ages 2 through 20
August 2016 (PDF)
- Project demonstrates model to address childhood obesity
- Influenza vaccine during pregnancy may protect breastfed infants
- Pregnant Women & Influenza (Flu)
- New Down syndrome growth charts available
- What's new with VC Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
May 2016 (PDF)
- Let WIC help you support breastfeeding
- New features on CHDP website
- Ventura County CCS launches pediatric palliative care waiver program
- Congratulations to oral health champions!
- Public Health Nurses assist children in foster care
- Have concerns about lead in drinking water?
February 2016 (PDF)
- National Children’s Dental Health Month
- PM 160 Tips: Identifying Dental Classes
- Healthy eating for beautiful smiles
- Savor the flavor of eating right: National Nutrition Month® 2016
November 2015 (PDF)
- CHDP launches new website!
- Gateway eligibility now limited to twice per year
- Begin early to prevent obesity
- The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Improving care coordination for Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
- Where can I send parents for information to help them decide about immunizations?
August 2015 (PDF)
- Put immunizations on your back-to-school checklist
- Prevent heatstroke by remembering to A C T
- New dental leadership at California Department of Public Health
- Breastfeeding Coalition offers educational events
- Prevent injuries related to riding in or driving motor vehicles
May 2015 (PDF)
- Help children grow by identifying developmental problems early
- How do tongue-tie and lip-tie affect breastfeeding?
- CHDP Oral Health Fluoride Varnish Program at Westminster Free Clinic
- Congratulations to 2015 Oral Health Award recipients!
February 2015 (PDF)
- Help kids "defeat monster mouth"
- Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) Care Management Services
- Why do young athletes need a Preparticipation Physical Exam?
- California measles outbreak stresses importance of timely IZs
- Prevent serious illness and injury by teaching parents when to seek help
- National Nutrition Month® encourages all to "Bite into A Healthy Lifestyle